With tons of power and headroom and some of that woody bark of a Gibson this mandolin is a beauty that draws influence from the classic A4 model. With its’ carved Spruce top and Maple back and sides, it has a gorgeous sustain and sparkling harmonics all the way up the neck that makes it super dynamic for expressive melody playing as well as belting choppy rhythm. With an Alpine Spruce top, it can even enter into classical territory with a more airy and open treble and even greater expressive potential. Wonderful for a wide variety of styles and approaches.
Please note that different tone wood combinations will affect the response and tonal characterisics of the instrument within the framework of my build style. I will of course always advise in this area.
Some of the more standard specs. For all options and prices see price list
- Scale 355mm
- Top European or Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Flamed Maple/Sycamore
- Neck Carbon fibre reinforced Maple/Sycamore
- Bindings Indian Rosewood, Flamed Maple
- Rosette Bound soundhole
- Bridge Ebony
- Fingerboard Bound Ebony 30mm nut
- Head Veneer Rosewood or ebony with mother of pearl logo inlay
- Nut and saddle Bone
- Machine Heads Gotoh black button
- Finish Hand rubbed satin or gloss lacquer.