This model is only a little smaller than an OM but definitely in similar territory. I tend to build it a little lighter due to the size which generally makes it a guitar to suit finger-styles. With an emphasis toward its’ sweet, singing trebles but still with surprising bass response, this guitar can be as at home in dropped tunings as my larger sizes. Whilst open and harmonically rich, it’s full length scale (650mm) helps to make a versatile all rounder for those who like to dig in hard but prefer the comfort of a smaller guitar.
Please note that different tone wood combinations will affect the response and tonal characterisics of the instrument within the framework of my build style. I will of course always advise in this area.
Some of the more standard specs. For all options and prices see price list
- Scale 650mm
- Top European/Sitka Spruce or Western Red Ceder
- Back & Sides Mahogany, Indian Rosewood, Walnut
- Neck Carbon fibre reinforced mahogany or Maple/Sycamore with sound hole adjustable truss rod
- Bindings Ebony, Indian Rosewood, Flamed Maple
- Rosette custom on enquiry
- Bridge Ebony
- Fingerboard Bound Ebony 44mm nut
- Head Veneer Rosewood or ebony with mother of pearl logo inlay
- Nut and saddle Bone
- Machine Heads Gotoh wood button
- Finish Hand rubbed satin or gloss lacquer.