This model is medium/large bodied at 400 mm at the lower bout. It is a little larger than an OM and I have developed this shape to be my most balanced guitar. It is large enough to sound full and expansive in the bass and yet small enough to achieve a good relative poke in the treble. Responsive and springy enough for picking and robust and tight enough for strumming/plectrum work. Works well for dropped tunings. Most find the body size very comfortable too which can be a consideration. As with all my guitars, I always aim to achieve a good balance between ‘air’ and solidity in the tone, a little bite and cut in the midrange and a harmonious and harmonically rich sustain.
Please note that different tone wood combinations will affect the response and tonal characterisics of the instrument within the framework of my build style. I will of course always advise in this area.
Some of the more standard specs. For all options and prices see price list
- Scale 650mm
- Top European/Sitka Spruce or Western Red Cedar
- Back & Sides Mahogany, Indian Rosewood, Walnut
- Neck Carbon fibre reinforced mahogany or Maple/Sycamore with sound hole adjustable truss rod
- Bindings Ebony, Indian Rosewood, Flamed Maple
- Rosette custom on enquiry
- Bridge Ebony
- Fingerboard Bound Ebony 44mm nut
- Head Veneer Rosewood or ebony with mother of pearl logo inlay
- Nut and saddle Bone
- Machine Heads Gotoh wood button
- Finish Hand rubbed satin or gloss lacquer.