A rhythmical heavyweight. Exciting, bold, complex and percussive. A must have for folk accompanists. I construct these for headroom and volume with rumbling bottom end and yet with cut and weight in the treble for melody. There is still an ‘air’ or harmonic quality to the notes found in my guitars but a weight and separation all to itself. This gives the instrument its dynamic and percussive quality. Play delicate melodic runs or drive hard – it’s great fun and definitely a replacement for guitar as the accompaniment in bands and sessions rather than a compliment like my carved top bouzouki.
Please note that different tone wood combinations will affect the response and tonal characterisics of the instrument within the framework of my build style. I will of course always advise in this area.
Current Specs ‘Standard’
For custom options see price list
- Scale 650mm
- Top European or Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Indian Rosewood
- Neck Carbon fibre reinforced mahogany or Maple/Sycamore with sound hole adjustable truss rod
- Bindings Ebony, Indian Rosewood, Flamed Maple
- Rosette custom on enquiry
- Bridge Ebony
- Fingerboard Bound Ebony 38mm nut
- Head Veneer Rosewood or ebony with mother of pearl logo inlay
- Nut and saddle Bone
- Machine Heads Gotoh wood button
- Finish Hand rubbed satin or gloss lacquer.