This bouzouki model is a powerhouse. It has loads of midrange clout and treble cut which is great for melody work in a session and a thumping low mid/bottom end when driven which means it provides the breadth of tone needed for rhythmical accompaniment. It is exciting and to play and has the dynamics and headroom to deal with whatever you throw at it. There are several approaches to building bouzoukis taken by various makers and I find that my carved top with arched flat plate back design gives the right bouzouki ‘twang’ and treble cut expected from the Greek original but with a fatness and depth in the bottom end gained from flat top models.
Please note that different tone wood combinations will affect the response and tonal characterisics of the instrument within the framework of my build style. I will of course always advise in this area.
Some of the more standard specs. For all options and prices see price list
- Scale 650mm
- Top Alpine Spruce
- Back & Sides Indian Rosewood, Walnut
- Neck Carbon fibre reinforced mahogany or Flamed Maple/Sycamore with sound hole adjustable truss rod
- Bindings Ebony, Indian Rosewood, Flamed Maple
- Rosette custom on enquiry
- Bridge Ebony
- Fingerboard Bound Ebony 38mm nut
- Head Veneer Rosewood or ebony with mother of pearl logo inlay
- Tailpiece Ebony
- Nut and saddle Bone
- Machine Heads Gotoh wood button
- Finish Hand rubbed satin or gloss lacquer.