This is a homage to a classic and a great all rounder. Proportioned as per the Martin original but with modified curves and a tighter waist it has a big, broad voice with crisp clear highs and rumbling lows. It’s tight enough to strum and flat pick but I open the voice a little to allow a nice portion of harmonic sustain to please a celtic finger styler. It works well in a session as can pump out the bass line but is also clear and articulate for melody work and it drives well but is also loud and responsive to a gentle touch.
Please note that different tone wood combinations will affect the response and tonal characterisics of the instrument within the framework of my build style. I will of course always advise in this area.
Some of the more standard specs. For all options and prices see price list
- Scale 650mm
- Top European/Sitka Spruce or Western Red Cedar
- Back & Sides Mahogany, Indian Rosewood, Walnut, Cherry
- Neck Carbon fibre reinforced mahogany or Maple/Sycamore with sound hole adjustable truss rod
- Bindings Ebony, Flamed Maple
- Rosette custom on enquiry
- Bridge Ebony
- Fingerboard Bound Ebony 44mm nut
- Head Veneer Rosewood or ebony with mother of pearl logo inlay
- Nut and saddle Bone
- Machine Heads Gotoh wood button
- Finish Hand rubbed satin or gloss lacquer.