This guitar is larger bodied at 410 mm at the lower bout and inspired by the Gibson classic tight waisted jumbo shapes. It is built for a big but compact sound with good bass/treble balance. This model tends to be very balanced and articulate and is a great option for stage work. The evenness works wonderfully well with pickups and makes a super reliable gigging guitar. It’s larger size and tight waist means you still get that expansiveness in the bottom end but with a good poke in the treble (or what’s termed as a ‘scooped’ sound).
Please note that different tone wood combinations will affect the response and tonal characterisics of the instrument within the framework of my build style. I will of course always advise in this area.
Some of the more standard specs. For all options and prices see price list
- Scale 650mm
- Top European/Sitka Spruce or Western Red Cedar
- Back & Sides Indian Rosewood, Walnut, Maple
- Neck Carbon fibre reinforced mahogany or Maple/Sycamore with sound hole adjustable truss rod
- Bindings Ebony, Indian Rosewood, Flamed Maple
- Rosette custom on enquiry
- Bridge Ebony
- Fingerboard Bound Ebony 44mm nut
- Head Veneer Rosewood or ebony with mother of pearl logo inlay
- Nut and saddle Bone
- Machine Heads Gotoh wood button
- Finish Hand rubbed satin or gloss lacquer.